- Teamfight Tactics
Premade balance in ranked
As we mentioned last patch, we’ve been working on some matchmaking improvements like Autofill Balance to make sure that each game of League feels as fair as possible. With this follow-up change, we’ll be attempting to make sure that when one team in a Solo/Duo game has a duo, the other team should have one as well.
This change will only be applying to Ranked Solo/Duo for right now. We’ll be looking into adding it to Flex and Normal games, but since premades can be of all different sizes in those modes, making them equivalent across teams can be much more complicated. Once we’ve had a chance to see these changes live, we’ll try to expand to queues with different group sizes.
Champion and Balance changes
The Ancient Fear
R cooldown decreased.
In an earlier patch, we adjusted Akali’s ultimate so that its targeting was a little less free to access, creating a huge cost for what was previously an easy-to-pop-off ability. But using her ultimate is an important part of her gameplay satisfaction, so we’re loosening the leash on it a bit now.
R – PERFECT EXECUTION
- COOLDOWN 120/90/60 seconds ⇒ 100/80/60 seconds
W direct hit burn duration increased.
Corki’s been having fun since our last buff, but can still afford another small one, so we’re back with round two—get ready for some package boogaloo.
W – SPECIAL DELIVERY
- DIRECT HIT BURN DURATION 1.5 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
R now grants a magic damage shield to all allies in the area.
Galio’s been in a sad state, and we’ve been working on reigniting his essence as an anti-magic guardian. Our previous buffs didn’t seem to move the needle, so we’re trying something a bit more adventurous this time by giving him the ability to more effectively counter magic damage for both him and his team.
R – HERO’S ENTRANCE
- NEW ANTI-MAGIC BULWARK Now grants E – Shield of Durand’s passive magic damage shield to all allied champions in the area he casted it at for 5 seconds.
Passive cooldown increased. Q movement speed duration decreased early, scales more later.
Our man of the Vanguard soldiered through his 10.6 nerfs and has continued to overperform, especially in the mid lane. Taking another stab at him by lowering his early utility.
PASSIVE – PERSEVERANCE
- COOLDOWN 7 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds
Q – DECISIVE STRIKE
- MOVEMENT SPEED DURATION 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds ⇒ 1/1.65/2.3/2.95/3.6 seconds
E base damage increased. R cooldown decreased.
Ivern got the short end of the stick with some of the more recent jungle system changes, and we’re not brushing that off. We’re attempting to give him back that power, and then some.
E – TRIGGERSEED
- BASE DAMAGE 60/80/100/120/140 ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170
R – DAISY!
- COOLDOWN 160/140/120 seconds ⇒ 140/130/120 seconds
E cooldown decreased later.
Supercharged, superfly. We’re giving Kai’Sa more opportunities for late-game outplaying while also maintaining her takedown potential.
E – SUPERCHARGE
- COOLDOWN 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
W target range increased. E target armor reduction ratio increased.
We wanted to increase Nasus’ utility since that’s the quality that more experienced players value and can capitalize on.
W – WITHER
- RANGE 600 ⇒ 700
E – SPIRIT FIRE
- ARMOR REDUCTION 15/20/25/30/35% ⇒ 25/30/35/40/45%
Base health regen and magic resist growth decreased.
Midturne has gone from meme to nightmare and quite frankly, there’s enough spook with Fiddle in town. We’re cutting out some of Nocturne’s general power, focusing on letting his opponents attrition him out of lane and controlling his scale potential before going full on darkness.
- HEALTH REGEN 8.5 ⇒ 7
- MAGIC RESIST GROWTH 1.25 ⇒ 0.75
Base health and health regen increased.
Riven has been struggling in the laning phase so we’re hesitantly handing back a little power, as a treat, to give her a little more breathing room while farming.
- BASE HEALTH 555.48 ⇒ 560
- HEALTH REGEN 7 ⇒ 8.5
W initial base damage decreased; return base damage decreased, damage ratio increased.
We all know Talon holds his blades close to his heart, but he’s letting them go too often. We’re not taking them away from him, but he’s proving to be a menace in higher skilled play, where his early game waveclear allows him to roam far more and far earlier. This patch, we’re reducing his reliance on said blades so that he stays more in line (and in lane).
W – RAKE
- INITIAL DAMAGE 50/65/80/95/110 (+0.4 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 45/60/75/90/105 (+0.4 bonus attack damage)
- RETURN DAMAGE 70/85/100/115/130 (+0.6 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 45/65/85/105/125 (+0.7 bonus attack damage)
Passive bonus armor decreased later. E base damage decreased later; now allows W and R to be queued up during its dash.
Wukong has been outperforming our expectations after his mini rework in 10.6 despite our success at bringing his multiple positions closer in power to each other. We will continue to fine tune him as players master the rework.
PASSIVE – STONE SKIN
- BONUS ARMOR 5-11 (level 1-18) ⇒ 5-9 (level 1-18)
E – NIMBUS STRIKE
- BASE DAMAGE 80/120/160/200/240 ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200
- ABILITY QUEUE Wukong’s W – Warrior Trickster and R – Cyclone can now be queued up during his dash
Passive base heal increased later.
We wanted to spruce up our warrior of Demacia by upping his durability and endurance through difficult fights.
PASSIVE – DETERMINATION
- BASE HEAL 10-78 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 10-112 (levels 1-18)
Activation time increased.
Conditioning has been overperforming, particularly for tanks and fighters. It should be a little more costly to one’s early power for what it gives in the late-game. Not only is it a fine choice for anyone, it’s mandatory for tanks and fighters, where it stands head and shoulders above any other single rune.
- ACTIVATION TIME 10:00 ⇒ 12:00
Movement speed for melee champions increased.
Phase Rush remains suboptimal on melee champions, even for those who traditionally have opted into this kind of Keystone. Looking to make it more tempting for those folks.
- MOVEMENT SPEED 30-50% on melee champions ⇒ 40-60% on melee champions
One-for-all balance changes
- AKALI +5% damage dealt
- BARD +5% damage dealt & -7% damage taken
- EVELYNN -5% damage taken
- GANGPLANK +5% damage dealt
- NUNU & WILLUMP +5% healing
- SORAKA +5% healing
- THRESH +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- YUUMI +5% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- ZOE +5% damage dealt
- DARIUS +5% damage taken & -5% healing
- VOLIBEAR +5% damage taken & -10% healing
- WUKONG -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- TURRET “BACKDOOR” DAMAGE REDUCTION 66% ⇒ 90%
- TURRET PLATES Turrets in OFA now have plates with URF-style health rules (scaling health rather than even increments). The plates fall off at 8:00 and give 50% of resistances compared to regular SR. They’ll also give 130% more gold than in regular SR.
- HE’S ON THE RUN, HE’S #1 Players gain 40 movement speed out-of-combat
- FLASH IN A PAN Players gain 40% CDR on summoner spells
- STRUCTURE DAMAGE Players begin dealing increased damage to structures at 12:30, scaling up to +25% at 25:00
- COOL KICKS Players will have a faster and longer-lasting Homeguard at the beginning of the game
- 24K MAGIC Players will start with 950g
- MINION GOLD AND XP Minion gold and XP values are multiplied by roughly 130%
- JUNGLE GOLD AND XP Jungle monsters give 15% bonus gold and experience
- MONSTER MASH Non-champion units deal 25% increased damage to structures
- BARON KILL Baron Nashor grants a Eye of the Herald on kill
- RIFT HERALD SPAWN Rift Herald first spawns at 6:00 and has a 4:30 respawn time
- BARON NASHOR SPAWN Baron Nashor spawns at 15:00 and has a 4:30 respawn time
- DRAKES SPAWN Elemental Drakes spawn at 3:30 and have a 3:30 respawn time
- ELDER DRAGON Elder Dragon has a 4:30 respawn time
- CANNON MINIONS SPAWN Cannon minions begin spawning every other wave at 8:00 and then every wave at 19:00
We’re updating the way free-to-play champions are chosen for ARAM. Before 10.7, the previous three Weekly Free Rotations were available to play in ARAM.
Going forward, we’re making the following 65 champions always free to play in ARAM:
Aatrox, Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Braum, Caitlyn, Cho’Gath, Darius, Draven, Ekko, Ezreal, Fiora, Fizz, Garen, Graves, Irelia, Janna, Jarvan IV, Jax, Jhin, Jinx, Karma, Karthus, Katarina, Kayle, Kha’Zix, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Lucian, Lulu, Lux, Malphite, Maokai, Master Yi, Miss Fortune, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nautilus, Nidalee, Pantheon, Pyke, Quinn, Renekton, Riven, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Thresh, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Vel’Koz, Vladimir, Wukong, Xayah, and Zed, in addition to the current Weekly Free Rotation.
Doing things this way allows us to give ARAM players a broader and more consistent set of champions to pull from, as well as making the free-to-play pool easier to understand for new players. We hope you enjoy, and we’ll catch you out on the Abyss!
- BARD +10% damage dealt & -15% damage taken ⇒ +15% damage dealt & -15% damage taken
- REK’SAI +12% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +12% damage dealt & -12% damage taken
- FIDDLESTICKS -5% damage dealt ⇒ Normal (rework)
- ALISTAR +5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage taken & -10% healing
- KASSADIN -10% damage taken ⇒ -5% damage taken
- NAMI +5% damage taken & -10% healing ⇒ +5% damage taken & -15% healing
- SETT Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- SONA -15% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -18% healing & -18% Shielding ⇒ -15% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -20% healing & -20% shielding
- SYNDRA +5% damage dealt ⇒ Normal
- TEEMO -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken ⇒ -10% damage dealt & +7% damage taken
- Casting Tristana’s Q – Rapid Fire, Miss Fortune’s W – Strut, Draven’s W – Blood Rush, or Master Yi’s R – Highlander no longer cancels the champion’s basic attack animation
- Cleaned up the “Silence” bubble effect that appears over a unit when they are Silenced
- Miss Fortune’s E – Make It Rain’s damage ring indicator is now properly visible in Howling Abyss
- Nimbus Cloak now properly procs immediately after performing Hexflash
- Vi is no longer Unstoppable when her R – Assault and Battery is interrupted in any way
Upcoming skins & Chromas
Fiddlesticks Champion Update
Fiddlesticks champion update is headed to live servers with Patch 10.7
Fiddlesticks, the Ancient Fear
“A gruesome spectre, rumored to stand eternally watchful over a peculiar book of fables. Brave knights and cruel sorceresses alike have tried in vain to reach the tome, but none have ever returned. Perhaps that lost queendom of old isn’t so fictional after all…”
“Carriage drivers are cautioned to stick to well-traveled highways, especially during the witching season. Strange things can happen on those old, moonlit roads, where no birds sing, and something enormous moves within the fog.”
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks
“Everyone told you hiring a clown would be a good idea. “Clowns are great for parties,” they said. But now everyone’s missing, and the power is out, and something’s laughing just down the hall…”
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks voiceover:
Dark Candy Fiddlesticks
“As lights go out across the Winterlands in preparation for Snowdown season, something ancient and terrible rises from the darkest corners of the Poro King’s lands. Devoid of thought or purpose, it hunts for holiday revelers as if possessed, cutting down anything that crosses its path.”
“Once upon a time in a faraway land, a jealous young emperor invoked profane summoning rites in exchange for power. Yet when the ancient horror Fiddlesticks stepped forth, it did not aid the boy–and in an instant, his empire was utterly destroyed. The fiend was trapped beneath the ruins… until now.”
Praetorian Fiddlesticks’ 6 chromas
Furyhorn Cosplay Veigar
Surprise Party Fiddlesticks
Pajama Guardian Cosplay Urgot
Furyhorn Cosplay Veigar
Pengu Cosplay Tristana
Furyhorn Cosplay Veigar, Pengu Cosplay Tristana
Pajama Guardian Cosplay Urgot Icon
Yuumi Space Day Icon, Diana Space Day Icon
“Earned by participating in the 2020 Cosmonautics Day event (region exclusive).”
Got Ya!, How Dare You?
Teamfight Tactics Patch 10.7 Notes
It’s here and with pomp and circumstance! As a reminder all of your TFT games have a chance to start with one of the following effects (or no effect at all). You can tap the Galaxy Icon at the top banner to find out more information about any specific Galaxy.
The Neekoverse: Everyone gets two free copies of Neeko’s Help.
Lilac Nebula: The first carousel contains only four cost units.
Medium Legends: Little Legends are larger and you have +25 starting health.
Other System Stuff
Shop Level 8 Drop Rates: 13/20/35/25/7% ⇒ 14/20/35/25/6%
The rules for which items stay and which bounce off when combining champions now prioritizes items on champs on the board over those you get from the carousel.
The odds of seeing a “special” carousel has been reduced.
Removed the additional 5 seconds per planning phase that is done at the start of each set. Timers are now back to normal.
- Blademaster chance to activate: 30%/55% ⇒ 30%/60%
- Brawler Health: 300/750 ⇒ 300/700
- Chrono Attack Speed: 15%/35%/65% ⇒ 15%/35%/75%
- (Rework) Dark Star: When a Dark Star Champion dies, all other allied Dark Star Champions gain +25 (3), +35 (6) Attack Damage and Spell Power
- (Rework) Mana-Reaver Reworked to: (2) bonus is now: Mana-Reaver attacks increase the mana cost of their target’s next spell by 40%. There is no longer a 4-piece bonus.
- Mystic Magic Resist: 30/120 ⇒ 35/105
- Sniper Bonus Damage: 12% ⇒ 15%
Tier 1 Champions
Caitlyn Spell Cast time: 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1.1
Caitlyn now resumes attacking more quickly after firing her bullet
Xayah Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
Ziggs Total Mana: 40 ⇒ 45
Zoe Starting Mana/Total: 90/120 ⇒ 70/100
Zoe Spell Damage: 150/225/300 ⇒ 150/225/400
Tier 2 Champions
Darius Health: 650 ⇒ 750
Xin Zhao Total Mana: 50 ⇒ 60
Xin Zhao Spell Damage: 175/250/350 ⇒ 200/275/375
Tier 3 Champions
Ezreal Total/Starting Mana: 60/120 ⇒ 50/125
Ezreal Spell Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 200/300/600
Kassadin Total Mana: 100 ⇒ 80
Shaco Spell Bonus Damage: 250%/325%/450% ⇒ 250%/325%/400%
Tier 4 Champions
Soraka Total Mana: 150 ⇒ 125
Soraka Spell Healing: 300/450/2000 ⇒ 350/500/2000
Vel’koz Total Mana: 80 ⇒ 70
Wukong Health: 850 ⇒ 950
Tier 5 Champions
Aurelion Sol Spell Damage: 120/175/750 ⇒ 100/150/750
Aurelion Sol’s target selection per fighter launched is now random (from weighted random favoring nearby)
Ekko Spell Damage: 250/450/2000 ⇒ 225/400/2000
Gangplank Starting/Total Mana: 50/150 ⇒ 75/175
Gangplank Spell Damage: 650/850/9001 ⇒ 450/600/9001
Lulu Attack Speed: 0.85 ⇒ 0.8
- Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.0
- Mana: 50/150 ⇒ 75/175
- Spell Damage: 70%/90%/999% ⇒ 60%/80%/999%
Morellonomicon & Redbuff Burn Damage: 30% ⇒ 27%
Statikk Shiv Damage: 75 ⇒ 80
Warmogs Health Regen: 4% ⇒ 5%
Ekko, Irelia, Lucian, Xin Zhao, and Ekko’s attacks performed as a part of their spell can now trigger the effects of Statikk Shiv, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, and Runaan’s Hurricane.
Champions now celebrate when they are victorious in combat.
Graves’ Splash Art has been updated to more closely match his in-game model.
Hand of Justice healing no longer scales with AP
Rebel Shield no longer scales with AP
Lucian’s Relentless Pursuit now properly counts as an attack for the purposes of the Blaster Trait
Fixed an issue where Miss Fortune would sometimes not turn during Bullet Time if there were no enemies being hit by her cone
Aurelion Sol now works properly after GA triggers.
Clarified Shaco’s spell tooltip: the ability causes a critical hit on top of the spell’s bonus damage
Updated Zoe’s tooltip to specify she deals magic damage.
Updated Poppy’s tooltip to specify she deals magic damage.
Hextech Gunblade now correctly heals when dealing damage against shields
Space Pirates no longer generate gold from attempting to deal lethal damage to Fiora while she’s invulnerable.
We’ve made some changes to the way phone keyboards work. You shouldn’t notice any difference unless things get better, in which case: You’re Welcome.
Mysterious account errors during login have been unmasked and destroyed. Begone!
When you’ve completed all your available missions you will see a fun little pengu friend instead of…a bunch of completed missions you didn’t care about.
No more mysterious enemy missing pings. Or any pings, why did we even have pings?